We are thrilled to be working with the RSPB for their first Discovery Sunday event of 2015 so join us for a fun day out at Dove Stone Reservoir as part of the 16th Annual National Nest Box Week and help give a bird an abode.
On Sunday 22nd Feb the RSPB and abirdabode project artists are joining forces at Ashway Gap to help you to give a bird a home.
Join us between 11am – 3pm for activities that include:
- Making a simple nest box for your garden*
- Decorating a bird silhouette to become part of the abirdabode exhibition at Gallery Oldham
- Learn about nest boxes and helping birds in your garden
- Get a sneak preview of some of the amazing abirdabode Art Birdboxes made by Oldham groups
- Chat to the RSPB experts about local conservation
- Get a glimpse of the resident Peregrine Falcons as they start their nest building **
Discovery Sunday runs from 11am to 3pm at Ashway Gap picnic area, about half way round the main trail. Parking is available. It is a drop-in event, the art activities are free, but there is a charge to make your own nest box (£5 for non RSPB members, £4 for members).
To help support the event you can download, print and display your own poster here.
All activities are weather dependent and may have to be cancelled at short notice in the event of severe conditions like snow or ice.
* We only have limited kits available so this activity is on a first come first served basis.
** Peregrine activities cannot be guaranteed and may be replaced by other birds without prior notice